Monday, January 30, 2012

Hi everyone

Well well well family here I am on the Internet writing to you all. I
will start with the questions because they are easy to answer. First
I will start with Seminary. The youth should attend seminary. For
example, to be a seminary teacher is to receive a calling in the
church. Someone from the ward or branch receive the call to teach for
just them. Well we don't have a teacher in our Branch so no one goes.
When there is seminary it is like at 6-6:30 in the morning and then
they have a night one also about the same time. Hermana Mercado does
not speak English but she is learning because it will be good in her
career. My favorite Tupiza food is I don't know. Hermana Gualberta
always makes something that I like and one day we will be making it
with her. I also really like Salchipapas, it is so easy you can make
it at home. It is just hot dogs and french fries. You cut up your
hot dog and you cut your potatoes like french fries and fry them. Oh
I also like it with Fried Bananas. I don't know why but I really enjoy
it. Lets see discussions in a week, it depends on the week. For
example this week we taught 17. Sometimes it is more and sometimes it
is less but we always work just as hard. We are always using the
spirit to contact people. We couldn't contact them and have them feel
something different if we didn't have the spirit. When we are not
teaching people my companion and I talk about the things we like and
don't like and we also talk about Bolivia, since this is where she is
from. She is going to teach me the dances of Bolivia in our house.
She will also be cooking food from La Paz so that way I can try. Lets
see Spiritual experiences, there are always a lot but I will tell you
about one. We were knocking on doors in one area and I had plans to
go one way to knock on doors but I always look around and see how I
feel. I had a feeling that we should go in the opposite direction. I
told my comp lets go this way and we started walking and my eye caught
a door and I had an impression to knock on it. We knocked on it and
we met the Hermana Daisy. We talked to her and found out that her
daughter died a few months ago and that she was having problems in the
home. We talked to her and she said I wish I could invite you in but
I cant right now but could you come back and talk. We set up an
appointment and went back. She was there and we were able to teach
her and talk to her. She now has a baptism date for March. She is a
great person but has a lot of problems. I hope that she will
progress. We also finally met with Hermana Fransisca the mama de our
pensenista. She has always met with the missionaries but has never
gotten baptized. She has been attending church for the past two
months but when we want to set up an appointment she always said no.
Well this week she said yes. We met with her, taught her, and now she
will be baptized next week. She is so funny and we are always joking
around. Life is good here. It is so good to be back in Tupiza and
not in Cochabamba. I cant believe that I will be leaving this place
in so short of time. I am going to be so sad it isn't funny. My
companion Hermana Mercado is great. She is such a sweet heart. I am
lucky to have her as a companion. Now it is another week and I am
ready to work and meet more great people. Thanks for the support back
home. Man I love this work and this gospel it changes so many peoples
lives for the better. Also remember to say your prayers. Love you all
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment