Family,
Well this week has come and gone so fast I cant even believe it. Just before I know it I will be home with all of you and you cant look forward to my weekly letters. Oh my goodness I am not going to lie I am getting scared to come home. AHHHH I wont think about it, I will just work my butt off down here. Lets see Pops thanks for doing the application for me for EFY did you mention I will be a RM. They like them more, though I am sure you did everything. I don't want to travel to Provo, Logan or SLC every day so you did just fine. I am taller than my companion, not by much but I am taller. I will miss that about down here. I have to bend down to kiss everyone, and they always remark on how tall I am. Then I say that I am one of the shortest in my family and they just get their eyes all big and say are you serious. Then I explain that my 12 year old little brother right now is probably taller than me and then just look impressed. Lets see this week was a crazy week. Hermana Mercado and I were doing visits with our investigators and we finished one early. We had a feeling to visit an inactive member and see how she was doing. Now whenever I went to this member's house she was never there. When we met her in the street we made an appointment and she was never there when we returned. I am not going to lie I doubted a little and thought I don't know why we are doing this she wont be there. We knocked on her door and one of her sons answered the door. We asked if his mom was there and he said no but she is at his grandmas house. His grandma lives about 4 doors down so we walk over there to see if she is there. We knocked on the door and what do we see in the window to the left....someone doing the quick peek to see who it was. Then we see it again 2 min later in the window to the right. I had low doubts almost ready to say yeah lets go, they wont answer. Then right then her little girl answered the door and told us to wait a min. Her mom then came to the door and we started just talking to her in the door. She then invited us in which is a miracle in itself. We talked to her and found out that she is going through some really hard times and that her son fell from the top of the stairs outside. He now has blood clots in his head and she is having a hard time. We talked to her and taught her some gospel principles like to pray because she wasn't doing that. We then were able to get a hold of the President of the Branch and us, him and the Elders went back to give her little boy a blessing and we talked more about the Church. Sometimes I think the Lord lets these things to happen to let the people know they need to come back to the church. I then thought about all the inactives that I have met throughout my mission and you know what they sure the heck are not a happy people and always have problems. I then made a pack that never in my life, for any reason will I miss a day of church or go inactive. Now I know there are circumstances where people cant attend church but they should do everything. Which means also we need to do our part and visit those people and bring them back into the church. Shoot I just sounded really preachy sorry. I am really enjoying working with the Hermana Mercado. She is great and I am learning a lot from her. I hope that I will die here and be her comp for 3 transfers but the way President Dyer does things is that he sends missionaries to a new area for their last transfer in the mission. Oh well I guess we will see. This week we are going to Tarija for a conference on Tuesday night and wont be back till Friday morning. I am not excited. I don't like being away from Tupiza for a long time because we cant visit the people here, oh well it is necessary. We are supposed to have a baptism of the Hermana Fransisca (pancha) this week but she didn't come to church on Sunday. She has attended since I can remember so it isnt a problem but the problem is, is that we had an appointment with her yesterday and as we went we saw that she was crossing the street to talk to someone. We waited and then saw she was waving down a taxi. We then ran across the street to talk to her and she told us not to look at her and she started crying. She then hurried up and got in the taxi and left. We are really worried about her. We are supposed to go to lunch at her house today and cook something from La Paz. We will talk to her then and see how she is doing. My comp asked if I think she was drinking and I said no I don't think so but lets think positive and hope that something else happened. We also talked to her daughter Hermana Gualberta who is our pensenista and she said that her mom disappeared all day and she hasn't even seen her. Ah shoot I just hope everything is ok with Hermana pancha. Well other than that life is great here. We are working hard, and are seeing the fruits of our labors. Have a fantastic week everyone and be sure to attend church this sunday. You will receive your food for the week.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment