Monday, January 23, 2012

Hey Hey Hey

Dear Family,

I can say this week that I did absolutely nothing. I traveled Monday night to go to Tarija. We left at 8:30 and got there at 3:30 and because none of the Hermanas wanted to come pick me up at 3:30 in the morning I got to sleep in the hotel by myself. It was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. I don't know what I will do when I come home and don't have my companion with me. I woke up at 6 because I thought my shower was running and it sounded like there was a man in it. I was having a panic attack and was ready to go get the Elders but then I thought better and said I will check my bathroom first to see if there really is a man. Turns out that when someone is showering upstairs it sure sounds like they are in your bathroom. I couldn't go to sleep after that so I just got ready for the day. We were in Cochabamba a 12 on Tuesday and I just got to the airport in time to see Hna Ortega go home. She was a sweet heart. Then I spent the afternoon in immigrations, then working with Hermana Yardley. I had a sleep over with her and her companion. It was so great to see her. Then on Wed we had a training then met our new comps. My new comp is.........HERMANA MERCADO. She is 25 years old and is from La Paz. She has been a member for 8 years. She just got done with college and finished as an Electrical Engeneer. She is really smart and she is AMAZING. I am so excited to work with her. We then had plans to fly to Tarija on Thursday and then hop on the bus that night for Tupiza but the people in Tarija got angry and no one could go into Tarija or leave Tarija. So we spent another day in Cochabamba. We knocked on doors and then I took my comp and Hna Mendoza out for ice cream. I got the snickers ice cream and it was oh so good. Then we met the Elders and went to dinner. Then they told us to be ready by 8 on Friday to fly out. Turns out the people were still angry and there were no flights. So they say the missionaries going to Tupiza can go in Bus. They got us bus tickets and when they did that the strike stopped but since they bought us bus tickets they couldn't cancel. On Friday night we traveled at 8:30 for Potosi, we got to Potosi at 7:15, ate some breakfast and then hopped on a bus for Tupiza at 8. We got to Tupiza at 2 in the afternoon. We were so tired. I hate traveling in bus. The important thing is that we are now in Tupiza. We are so excited to work. We are going to work hard and we are going to see some success. Man I love this work. Sometimes its hard but it is so worth it in the end. Remember to always choose the right and help the missionaries. Today we are going to a barbeque that the Branch is putting on. We are going to eat some special kind of meat. Oh I keep forgetting. Tell Mik that I eat Llama meat here all the time. My pensenista loves it and loves cooking it for us. It is really good, I enjoy it. Well I love you all lots. Have a fantastic week. Oh and Shay, Jenna is such a good name for a little girl. Think about it and I think you would really like it.
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment