Monday, January 2, 2012

Hola

Hola mi familia,
First off yeah that the cat is out of the bag about Chance and
Karissa. Now I can ask how is she doing with the pregnancy? How is
baby Nielsen doing? Also a congrats to Jase and Kelsey that is so
exciting and they picked the best temple of them all to get married
in, I hope for their sake it is open. did they want a huge card board
cut out of me so they can have it at their wedding? Ha Ha just
kidding ;). I am glad everyone had a good Christmas. I was reading
Grandma Nielsens letters and wished I was their at the Christmas
party. On Christmas Eve though my companions and some other Hermanas
came into our room and I read to them from Luke so that way I would
feel like I was at home for but a moment. Also on Christmas Eve we
had a fun Christmas devotional where we read the story of Christ and
groups would get up to sing. My companions and I sang Away in a
Manger in Spanish for one part. I think I will be a pro at singing
when I get home. Then we gathered outside around the trees and each
district sang a Christmas song. My district sang a White Christmas.
Then we sang carols around after. Christmas morning was a lot of fun,
we ate breakfast regular time. Then we went to the auditorium and
they gave us the schedule for the rest of the day. Also they gave us
a Christmas present. We each got a book full of pictures from the
Bible and Book of Mormon. I almost bought one in Provo but decided
not to and now I am glad I didn't. Then we watched the 1st
Presidencies Christmas devotional from 2009 in English and the Latinos
watched it in Spanish somewhere else. Then we had a designated time
for everyone to take a nap. That was everyones favorite I think. We
had a HUGE lunch complete with every ones favorite treat Churros. Have
I told you about them? If I have oh well you are going to hear it
again. They are to die for, by far my favorite. It is nothing like
the gross American churros. They have Dulce De Leche in them YUM!
After lunch we changed into P-day cloths and had pinatas, okay that
might be everyones favorite. That is a tradition down here for every
Christmas. Then we played water balloon volleyball and kick ball.
After that we had hamburgers for dinner. Then we watched The Other
Side of Heaven while the Latinos watched The Work and the Glory in
Spanish. It was a very fun day very memorable.
On Monday we had an instructor come during our gym time and be our
"personal trainer". He has a couple of names here for example "The
Chuck Norris of Peru", "The Terminator", and "The Jackie Chan of
Peru". I think I about died after working out with him. He made a
comment that he was in the Peruvian Navy and this is how they did it.
There are no breaks with him and by the end I felt like my legs were
going to fall off. He is the nicest guy though. After we were done
he had us take a knee, he then bore his testimony to us and made the
Elders swear they wouldn't come home before 24 months then made my
companions and I swear we wouldn't come home before 18 months. Also we
tried to explain to Hermano Api my instructor the difference between
but and butt it was by far the funniest conversation ever. We tried
to explain that pero means but but he thought of the other butt. We
brought up how it means two different things like pero (but) and perro
(dog). I don't think he still understands.
I don't know what my plans are for Bolivia. What I have heard though
is that all missionaries that leave next week leave on Tuesday
morning. They split you up into two groups and one group goes to the
airport while the other group waits for their mission presidents to
come pick them up. Then they tell you what your flight plans are.
Sorry I wish I had more to tell you. I wish I had more to tell you
about the Temple and Totus but I don't. I don't go until 2:30 and wont
be back till 6:30 hence why I am emailing now. I don't need another
Flat Iron I will figure out something. It isn't just mine though
Hermana Flores broke also so I think something is just weird. Do do
do doooooooooooooooooooo.
I love you all so very much and so excited for everyones good news I
expect updates.
Hermana Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment