Hello my family,
Well yep it snowed yesterday. Who would have thought that I would see snow on my birthday? It was wet snow and didn't start sticking to the ground until about 8. Well when I woke up there was about 1 inch of snow but as the morning went on it melted. Everyone is cold but what can you do? Oh all the people here say that it shouldn't snow anymore because Cerro which is like an 8th world wonder or whatever you call it, could collapse and then good bye potosi. It makes people want to listen to us though because they are all terrified of dying. I am going to buy thick nylons that the cholitas wear and leg warmers. I have one pair but I want more. Life is good here. I didn't make the brownies or the cookies because lets just say they do not have any of the ingredients. It was a very sad day for me. This week we got permission from President Tenorio to go ahead with a baptism. We got the permission on Thursday morning planned the baptism for next Saturday so the bishop and ward members could come. Well needless to say she called the Zone Leaders on Sat and they asked why we were waiting and told us to baptize her today so we spent the rest of the day running around like our heads were cut off trying to get ward members to come and find the Bishop. Well the Bishop was traveling and only a few members came but it turned out good. Truth be told I really don't know this investigator very well we have only visited her 2. My comp and her old comp taught this woman, no every missionary in this area taught her. She has been waiting two years to be baptized. She was very excited for this day and she was also baptized with her daughter who is 9. That's probably the most exciting thing that happened this week. I didn't do anything exciting for my birthday because well it was a Sunday and what could I do? My comp told me happy birthday and made me a card in the morning and then we were off to church and to work the rest of the day. I asked a lady to make a cake for me but lets just say she forgot :( oh well I will have to get a cake today and celebrate later. Then it started snowing in the afternoon so not many people would answer their doors. It made for a long afternoon. We talked to an inactive member and he was offended so he stopped coming. We have a lot of these here in Potosi. The youth here are going to the temple today. It is a special temple trip, they are out of school this month because it is when it gets really cold so they planned it for now. They will take a 6 hour bus ride today to Cochabamba then spend one day and leave in the night Tuesday to be back by wed. This cost them about 200 bolivianos, which is a lot for the people here. Be grateful we have a temple not so far away. Lets see what else happened on my birthday oh the zone leaders called to wish me a happy birthday. My comp told them Sat night at the baptism that it was my birthday. It was nice of them to do so. They also said that since it was a tradition to smash an egg on your head they were planning to do so in the morning. I told them they could try but I didn't think it would happen. Now I need to watch my back all day. We have an activity where the elders are going to cook for us today. Hopefully I don't end up getting sick. This week we are going to Sucre Tuesday and Wed. We are welcoming President Dyer to Bolivia. Tuesday is our interviews with him and Wed is our zone conference. We get out of the cold weather for a while. Hopefully I don't get sick. Well That is all I can think to write. Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone. Have a good week and soak up the sun for me
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment