Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HOLA

Hello my family,




First thanks for the package. The shirts and deodorant are awesome. Oh and the birthday cards. I especially felt loved by Cade when he said he missed me and wanted me to come home now. Lets see first off with the questions like always. The birds I see here are Pigeons. I did see a parrot at a members house. That is about all I see, nothing to exciting. Oh I saw my first butterfly and spider the other day since I have been here. Potosi is good. The people here are very relaxed. Some have a very hard life and some are just making it by. Then you also have the people who do have money. For the culture down here yes the children are taken care of. Sometimes we will knock on a door a kid will come. We will ask how old he/she is and they will say from a range of 5 to 10. we ask if their parents are home and they are not. They are working at this time and will not be home until about 9 or 10. I asked my comp who cooks for the kids and she said the parents teach them how to cook and they cook for themselves. I see little kids roaming the streets solo all the time but it is normal here. Lots of the people will work from 8 to 9 at night all week. The most common place for them to work is in the mine. Though there are a lot of lawyers down here. With the hike we left the Zone leaders house at 8, got to the hike about 8:30. We got to the top at 11ish stayed up top to take pictures as a zone because this was the first time that a whole zone hiked to the top. We started hiking down about 12. Few of us got down at 1 but waited another hour for the rest of the group to come down. The rest came down at 2:30 ish then we went and had a hour to eat and then email. Though I was late for email and only got 25 min. That is why my letter wasn't very long last week. My comps knee didn't bother her when we were hiking so maybe the pain is a figment of her imagination. No I am sure her knee was hurting. Lets see this week was good. We had a baptism of a ward member. Well she was baptized a year ago but the kind elders didn't fill out the right form so they couldn't find her. I don't remember the word for it but her paperwork that says that she is a member. Her name is Sarahi and she is 13 years old. Now the baptism was supposed to start at 2 and punto. Everyone kept saying that. Guess what? didn't start at 2 and punto. It started at 3, yep welcome to Bolivia. We have this one investigator Patricia, she is 26 years old and has a desire to learn more. I am really excited about her. Well she had a baptism date for the 27 of this month. Well the rule is, is that they have to attend church 3 times in a row before the baptism. Guess who didn't come to church yesterday :(. She talked to a members of a different ward and he said that her baptism date was to soon and that she needed to learn more before she was baptized. She has had almost all of the lessons she just needs to learn about the Word of Wisdom and the Law of chastity and she has them all. We told her that it was a process of learning in the church. We cant learn everything all at once. We then talked about faith, and we also challenged her to pray about this. I felt the spirit during this lesson and I am sure she did to but oh well we all have our agency. We will just have to continue to work with her and find that ward member and beat him up ha ha no. That was the sad part of the week but other than that the week was good. We taught some people, felt the spirit, there is no doubt in my mind that this work is true and that the church is true. Oh I got a short email from Kevin, sounds like he is excited and ready to work in Mexico. Well life is good have a great week. Give my nephews and nieces a hug for me.

Love you all bunches
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment