Hello family,
Lets see to start with your questions....I did get an egg on my head to be exact two. The Elders had a barbecue last Monday, and during that they said that it was a bbq for the North Americans since it was our independence day. They took pics of all the NA by the meat. Then when we were cleaning up they said oh we need to sing to you for your birthday but you need to stand in the middle. I said no I can stand on the side and you can sing. That didn't fly so I stood in the middle and at the end of the song I got two eggs on my head and a pile of flour on my head. It took three washings to clean out my hair. Also that night my pensonista made lasagna and a cake for me. Then I was sang to then my face was smashed in the cake. Another tradition for down here for you. I am taking warm showers finally. My comp doesn't get sick but right now her knee is hurting her. We walk a little bit slower. She leaves the mission 3 de August. She is excited to be with her family. She will be in La Paz for a week and then come back to Potosi to live because this is where her family lives. When I say we have 10 people in church that is members, us the missionaries, and maybe 1 or 2 investigators that come to church. I have lead the music in church almost every time since I have been here. They do not tell mining jokes in Potosi. At least none that I have heard of. I don't know what picture it was with flour all over me but if it was in Potosi the only time I can think of was when we were playing different games and lets just say shaving cream was involved in one of the games. That is the only time that I can think of. First off my nephew is a cutie he looks like me. I must say though I think J would have been a better middle name ;). I showed him off to everyone. We went to Sucre this week. I didn't get car sick. We met President Dyer and Hermana Dyer. Hermana Dyer doesn't speak a lick of Spanish. I translated for her during the conference. It was a little bit difficult because I would use Spanish words instead of English. Today we all hiked to Cerro Rico. You would be proud of me. Lets just say it is probably a hike that I would do only once. They said that it would be freezing up top but never listen to a latino about cold. That is why we are all late. I don't have anything else to write but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM. I hope all is well and that you had a good one. Just think for your next one I will be home and I can smash an egg on your head and shove a cake in your face :). Oh the traditions that I will bring home. Have a fantastic week love you lots and the church is TRUE!!!!
Hermana Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment