Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello

Family


Well it sounds like a missed a fun family camp. That's OK I will be there next year for the next one and it will be 10 times better because I am there (I am my fathers daughter). This week was good, a bit uneventful. First off dad you will be proud of me I found out my address for you. It is in the street Ingavi. It is house number 152. Yep that is my address. We live with a gillion families. Lets see as you know this is my comps last week as a missionary here in Potosi. She will leave to Cochabamba on Sunday to have a farewell shindig with the president. I don't know what the plans are for me but I am 99.9 percent sure I will just work with Hermana Sullon and Hermana Madrid until my new comp gets here. My comp and I have a bet, she says that I will be a trainer again and I tell her no it will be a North American from Cochabamba because they are due for a transfer. We have a packet of oreos riding on this bet. Now you might ask if she goes to cocha how in the world will I get my oreos (no worries I am right). The beauty of it is that is she is returning to Potosi after a week so how lucky am I. My favorite candy here is I don't remember the names but it is a fruit candy that has lime, orange, cherry and banana flavors. Also I love the wafers they have here, when I eat them I feel like I am in the nursery again. Patricia is doing great. We talked to her to see what was going on, talked about the gospel and have a new date for baptism. She came to church by herself yesterday brought her daughter and her brother. The brother was a surprise. We talked to him once and he didn't seem interested but hey he came to church, maybe it is a sign. We have a Family home evening in a members house tonight. Hopefully that will go good. We are also teaching Madelens family. They have started listening and her younger siblings have a date for the10th of August. They have attended church since we have started teaching them. Then we have another kid we are teaching who's sister is also a member. He is 11 years old and is a hoot. We taught him the 10 commandments yesterday and when we asked a question he would have a whole story about something random and then the answer. I was just laughing the whole time. I love this area, hopefully I am here for at least one more transfer (this transfer doesn't count because I am here no matter what). It is getting warmer now actually, well a bit warmer. This past week was freezing, though everyone has been on winter vacation since the first of the month because this month is the coldest. Well it was extended for one more week because it is supposed to be colder. It wouldn't be as cold if the wind wouldn't blow. They say the wind is the worst in August. I think I told Hadlee this but sometimes I feel like Marilyn Monroe trying to keep my skirts down. I gave a talk in church yesterday, this time the Bishop asked me the day before after we finished eating lunch with his family. It was on how the Young Women's Program helped me prepare for a mission. First he asked my comp but she told him no and said Hermana Nielsen can. It makes sense though since she was never in the YW program. Though she now gets to talk this week on the Relief Society and missionary work. Life here in Bolivia is good. I think the Elders are a little sad because we aren't allowed to play soccer anymore. An Elder who came in my group was sent home because he hurt his knee really bad while playing soccer. Other than that nothing much right now has changed but I am sure a lot will change. Presidet Tenorio was very forgiving. Well I don't know what else to write so remember the Church is true and the Lord loves you.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment