Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello

Well hello my family,


First off I thought I was getting a package in December. I wasn't planning on another one, man I feel loved. Your questions, no I don't have a cell phone. Though the rumor is that everyone will be getting one here soon but in my opinion it would be stupid. Yes it would be nice to have one but when you have a lot of elders and sisters who don't follow the rules you are asking for trouble. Madelen has a lot of problems. We have talked to her a lot about church about other things but in all honesty what it comes down to is her making the change. We can teach and talk to her a lot but it is her that needs to change. She has come to church once. Hopefully we can get her to come a lot more. We had more than 10 people show up to church on Sunday. Hermana Menacho and I were also informed that we would be giving the talks right when sacrament started. I took 15 min my comp took 5. I think I take after my father. Ha ha no. I don't even know if they understood me or not. Though I did have a lady come and ask me for the scriptures that I used in my talk. I take that as a good sign. Well lets see I found out a way to always get kids to tell the truth. We have this investigator that we were going to visit. We get to the house and her sister who is a member said she wasn't there. My comp was arguing with her and telling her I know she is here. Well I cut in and I said do you know what happens when we tell the truth Danitsa? She said What? I said that we get many blessings and I pulled out a piece of candy from my backpack. I then asked if she was telling me the truth. She then said no she is here. I gave her the candy, then I said you can have another if you get her. Guess who got another piece of candy. Then we met her again another day and we asked for her sister. She said she isn't here and that is the truth then she asked if she gets some candy. Good thing I always pack candy in my backpack. Also another thing that I found out. I found out how to take warm showers. Usually when I get in the shower I end up doing the cold dance the whole time in the shower and when I get out is when it starts warming up. Well then I started noticing my comp would always ask me how my shower was with a smile on her face. Then when she would get out she would say calientito. I always wondered why she would get a hot shower and I wouldn't. I would play with the nozzle a bit to see if it would warm up. Needless to say it wouldn't. Then I noticed that she would always insist that I go first. Then it donned on me I probably heat up the shower for her. Well yesterday morning I decided to test the theory a bit. I could have just asked but I wanted to experiment. We wake up at 5:30 Sundays so we can be out to pick up our investigators by 7 (church starts at 8) It is freezing and my comp says you get the shower first. I told her no I wanted her to enter first. She says no you, I tell her that I always go first and wanted blessing by letting her go first. She says well you get blessings by going first and I said well I want to find out what the blessings are by going last. She tried to convince me to go in but I wouldn't so she finally went in. I did find out the blessings yesterday of going second. You get a warm shower. Then today she said yes it is your turn to go first. I asked why she didn't like going first and she told me that the water was warmer when I went first. I told her that is fine but we need an every other day schedule for this. So now one day she gets in first and the other I get in first. I guess the blessings of getting in first is that I exercise while in the shower. I mean by doing the cold dance I think that is a bit of a work out. Who knows now I might just end up getting fat. That is my exciting week besides transfers. We worked in a trio with Hermana Madrid this week for 2 days. Lets just say she was having a hard time walking the hills in our area. Her area is flat. Lets just say she was grateful for her area near the end. I washed my coat and put it outside and it turned into ice on the sleeves. Ha ha it is cold in the morning and night. We are working hard trying to find new people and getting people to come to church. Its hard sometimes but so worth it. Life is good here in Bolivia. The church is true. The book is blue and the Lord loves you. Oh I love you all also. Have a fantastic week.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment