Familia en Utah y wherever the rest of my family might be,
Well this week was good as usual we worked and worked more. We went to Sucre to say goodbye to President and Hermana Tenorio. We left the Zone leaders house at 7:30 in the morning. The ride was just exciting, first my comp got car sick. I ate some bread and when we were so close to Sucre I had to have the Taxi driver pull over so I could throw up. Yep I got car sick, who would have thought that the first time I would have thrown up on the mission would be because I got car sick. I was feeling a little queasy at one stop we made. At that stop the Cholitas come up and want you to buy food, so you have llama in a bag, other meet in a bag, a roll up of some kind and jello. Hermana Madrid was hungry and wanted food so she bought some to share. I told her no thank you. Just to say the smell made me even more queasy and you know the rest. Well I know for when we travel to Sucre again in July to greet the new President that I will not eat anything on the way down. The way back to Potosi I just slept so that I wouldn't think about my stomach. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. The farewell was good we watched a talk given by Elder Holland when he was in the MTC in January. President and Hermana Tenorio bore their testimonies and told us to be obedient. Then at the end he said that him and Hna Tenorio wanted to give us all hugs. I thought the Elders would hug President and the Hermanas hug Hna Tenorio. Nope we hugged them both, I must say it was a bit awkward hugging President Tenorio. From 7 months of not hugging any guy it was awkward. Lets see what else.....oh yea I was looking through the area book on Thursday during our planning for the next week. I looked at the people who were baptized but never come to church and felt that we should visit a girl named Madelen. Well we went to her house and talked to her. She then asked who sent us. We replied no one, and we explained that we just had a feeling we needed to visit her. Well she then explains that an Elder visited her the other day Elder Fernandez. E Fernadez is an assistant to the President and was checking up on Potosi also my area was his area so he was visiting people he taught. She talked to him and he said he would send us over to visit her. We then told her that he didn't say anything to us. She started crying we talked about the gospel and plan to visit her more to help her. It was a good experience the things you can accomplish when you listen to the spirit. The other Monday we went to the house of the devil or tio as they say. It was in the mines in cerro rico. It was very interesting...I plan on sending pics today because last Monday I didn't send the letter so I am sorry dad you will get your card late for fathers day. I love you any way. Lets see good desserts are the cakes, I haven't had anything to die for. In Cochabamba they have Globos which is an ice cream place. They have really good esnickers ice cream. The e is very important before Sprite and Snickers or they don't know what you are asking. The alfajors are pretty good. They make really good flem here dad. Also they eat a lot of Jello for dessert. We have been eating jello all wrong in the states. You eat it for dessert not part of the meal. We have a few investigators. This area is a lot easier than Cochabamba more people listen but they don't follow up on their commitments. I think they listen just to listen. They Elders don't ride bikes. I think we would all die going down the hills. It is cold in the Morning and nights. Usually during the day it is pretty warm. Though if the wind is blowing it makes it colder. It sounds like everyone is doing good. Someone give Trey a big hug for me I can tell who loves me best. Oh with the girl who just got her call tell her to bring a little of every weather cloths. I really don't know what she should bring except for that. Oh bring a really good umbrella because the umbrellas here stink, maybe some boots. I really don't know you are asking the wrong person I feel like I am surviving pretty good on the things that I brought. Tell her to email me if she has specific questions. Well I don't have anything else to write so I love you all. Have a fantastic week. The church is true and the book is blue.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment