Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We are family, me and my brothers and sisters are we,

I thought I would write a song to start off. Lets see for the questions. I haven't seen the men carry wallets. The Elders have a little pouch thing they hook to their belts. The women don't really carry purses either. They have a little pouch that they tie to the wrist so the shirt covers it or in their shirt. They get robbed here a lot so you have to be careful. Ah this week was Chutillos. We asked the Zone leaders Tuesday what the plan was and they told us to work like normal. Well we talked to everyone and no one wanted to have an appointment on Friday or Sat. They all said next week you can stop by. We were worried because we didn't have anyone to visit so we just made plans. Then at 10:20 Thursday night I get a phone call from the District leader and he said that we weren't allowed to leave the house. Only for lunch and dinner could we leave and that for dinner we needed to be in our P-day clothing. Friday we just went home after lunch and slept, then Saturday we went to eat lunch at the Bishops house. After we were invited to our pensenistas house to take pictures with her daughter because she was dancing in Chutillos and with permission we went. Chutillos is where they dance for the Virgin Guatalupe. They dance for six hours all through Potosi and then they end in the Catholic church to pray to Guatalupe. Our pensentista was very upset at her daughter for choosing to dance. Also it is just an opportunity to drink a lot. The other daughter of our Pensentista works at the Red Cross and she said they had a lot of accidents and it was a good thing we weren't aloud to leave. I also learned this week when I eat with the Bishop to eat and leave never carry on small talk. The reason is that he asked us to speak in church. Then he asked us to prepare a musical number. We prepared but we didn't end up doing the musical number. After, a Brother who was visiting from Sucre came up to us and said thank you for your talks and making the members feel guilty for not helping out in the work. Patricia is doing great, her baptism is set for this Saturday. I am so excited for her and also worried for her. She doesn't have much support from her family at home so we need to see that she gets a friend in the church. That's hard because a lot of the members already have their friends and don't socialize with others. We have an activity planned for the 17th with just the members and then we are going to have an activity two weeks after that and tell them to invite everyone. Hopefully it will go well. Oh I finally got my hair cut. If you want to know, I didn't get it cut in a salon. I was brushing my hair and looking at it and asked my companion if she ever cut hair before. She told me no but she would watch her sister in-law cut hair. I told her that was enough and asked her if she wanted to cut my hair. No I am not kidding you so we sat down, she took the hair cutting scissors I bought before my mission and we cut it. I am sad to say that she messed up and now it is to my chin.......ok now that is a joke. Ha ha ha I bet I gave Hadlee a heart attack. No my hair looks good it is just a little un-even on one side but oh well it is cut and looks healthy. I cant think of anything else to write because nothing else happened this week. Oh I remembered what I wanted to say... Tell Cade that he has to keep playing baseball so that when I come home I can watch him play. Well have a good week I hope everyone does well in school. Keep praying daily because the lord answers every prayer.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment