Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hey Hey

My favorite family in the world,
Well this week was really interesting and hard. First off Joels baptism. I already explained that we had to change it to Wed. Well Tuesday our DL and ZL told us not to worry about anything because they would take care of it. Well Hna Cherres and I got to the church at 6 an hour early to make sure everything was good and set up. Well the church was closed so we walked to the bishops house thinking that he was there to get keys to open the church. Well he wasn't so we walked to find a phone to call the ZL to have them come and open up. They didn't pick up their cell. We waited 30 min for Elder Lopez to show up. He is our DL. When he walked up he said what the heck no one is here. We waited and other Elders showed up and still no ZLs. Well, finally a member of the stake showed up and opened the church. We walked to the Baptismal font and there was no water. In Potosi if you want water in your baptism font you have to fill it up way in advance. It takes hours to fill up the font and another couple of hours to heat up the water. Needless to say there was not a baptism for him on Wed. The ZLs are the only ones with the keys to the font and the water. Joel's parents who aren't members and his Aunt who didn't want the baptism came and were a little peeved with us. We saw the ZLs when everyone was leaving at 8:15. The baptism was yesterday though and we reminded the ZLs I think every minute when we were traveling and in Cochabamba. The baptism was really good. He is way excited, and has made a promise to always attend church and read the scriptures. The down side is that getting members to come to a baptism is hard and also the Bishop or a member of the bishopric.

Well lets see I have no idea what Bolivia is known for, perhaps like Idaho potatoes. There is a potato in every meal, potatoes in the soup, potatoes in the segundo and thank goodness no potato's in the dessert. My travel to Cochabamba was really good. We left here on Friday night in the bus at 8 and we got to Coch at 5:00 in the morning and then waited an 1 1/2 in the terminal for someone to come and pick us up. We then went straight to the church to eat SaltaƱas for breakfast and to hear Elder Anderson. Everyone was there at 8:30 to listen and he didn't come until 10. We sang hymns during this time. Lets see he came with the area of the seventy. First we all went and shook his hand and told him our names and where we were from. Then we listened to the testimony of our President, and the wives of everyone. After that the floor was opened to any kind of questions that we wanted to ask an apostle. The third question was what can we do to keep the lord with us always after the mission. That ended the questions and started the talk of the seventies and Elder Anderson. It was really good and very interesting. The spirit was strong and we learned some things. Then we headed to another church well those that traveled to eat pizza. After lunch they wanted us to work with the Hermanas in Cochabamba. Well I switched with other Hermanas because they wanted to visit their area and I wanted to visit my area in Cochabamba. We went and visited my converts. They are good but struggling. It was really good to see them. Then we were back on the bus at 8:30 that night and got back to Potosi at 5:30 in the morning. We slept for a hour and then we headed off to church. We were tired and went to sleep really fast last night. I didn't get sick but my comp sure did. I asked if this happened in Peru to her when she traveled to the Temple and she said no never. Hopefully she can get better really fast. We talked to Patricia and she is doing good. We asked how she felt about her baptism and she said that she was really excited. When we left her house I wanted to cry I was so happy for her. I don't think words can even describe the joy I felt. I love how I have become an instrument in the Lords hands to find these people and I get the first hand experience to see their lives change. It is a wonderful feeling. Well her baptism date is on the 3 of September. This week is Chutillos and our pensenista and everyone is telling us how dangerous it is for us to go out because everyone from around the world comes here. Apparently there is a lot of robberies and drunk people. My comp is scared out of her mind and keeps saying she is not leaving the house. I tell her that unless we get the we cant go out from the president we are going out. I told her though we can change our study time in the night so that way we are in our house by 6. I also told her that we have the Holy Ghost and we can feel where we should and shouldn't go. She tells me she still isn't going out. I guess we will see what will happen. Nothing else I can think of but I love you all have a fantastic week and remember the CHURCH IS TRUE

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment