Monday, August 8, 2011

Hello hello hello hello I say hello today

Family,


Well I am now back in Potosi. Cochabamba was hot and it made me miss Potosi. I ended up working with Hermanas in Cochabamba Monday night. It was a surprise to us all except the assistant to the president. President Dyer was expecting me to have Family Home evening with them. Then they were surprised when I spent the night with the Hermanas. I received a phone call from President the next morning and he said Hermana Nielsen we would love for you to come back to the house, have breakfast with us and then go to the temple with your comp. I said yes but in my mind I said heck yes. So I ended up going to the temple with the missionaries leaving. After my comp had an interview with the president then she just wanted to sit in the mission home all day and do nothing though we could have gone out and visited her old investigators in Cochabamba so I ended up spending the day with Hermana Dyer running errands and learning about her family. I must say we are now the best of friends. The training in Cochabamba was good we had a two hour training for the trainers and then lunch with our new companions and another training with everyone. After this is my favorite part....we went to the temple again!!! Yes how blessed was I this week! I loved it. There are only 7 trainers. Three Hermanas and 4 Elders. I got to see Hermana Yardley again and I must say I miss that girl. My new compaƱera es Hermana Cherres, she is from Piora (I don't know how to spell that) Peru. She is 22 years old and her birthday is October 12. She has 5 siblings and she is the youngest. Her favorite color is black. She misses home and her district from the CCM. She has been a member her whole life. The first day here we paid a visit to the Red Cross because our pensanistas daughter works there. Yep she was that sick. She was throwing up a lot the first day and her blood pressure was high. She also had a headache but that is normal for everyone coming to Potosi. The next day (Friday) we spent in the house because she was still sick. Then on Saturday we went out to work. Saturday was also Bolivias Independence's day, so there were a lot of drunk men walking around. Since my area is all hill I am tempted to go and push them and watch them roll down the hill. Don't worry though that isn't missionary like so I don't do it. There were also a lot of parades and dancing going on. Sunday my comp was throwing up again all through church. I told her we needed to leave so she could rest but she wouldn't. Then we went to eat lunch with a member (well I ate lunch) then we went back to the house for her to rest. Now we are here and she has a cold. She keeps saying I only have 3 months here in Potosi. I don't have the heart to tell her that I will more than likely be the one that goes when the 3 months are up. Who knows though I could be here for one more transfer after October. With time she will feel better and we can work hard. We have a baptism next week with Joel. It will be good. Then hopefully we can get in gear with Patricia. I am excited to work with my comp she will be wonderful. We will work miracles here in Potosi. Oh and for traditions for the Hermanas on the nine month mark is usually you take a picture with cloths up your shirt to look like you are pregnant for your 9 months. I don't know if I will be doing that tradition or not. I love you all don't forget that the church is true and that you need to visit the temple. Oh and felicidades Karsyn on your baptism. Way to be an example for everyone.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment