Family,
Well hey there my family. This week has been good. My companion and I are great, she is feeling a heck of a lot better this week. She still feels nauseous after eating and sometimes throwing up after we eat. I told her that it wasn't OK for her health to be bulimic, she didn't think I was funny. No I am grateful to have her as my companion. I think I have learned a lot of things from her this past week. It is amazing the things that I have learned from every companion. I know there are reasons as to why they are my comps. Joels baptism is this week, he lacked lessons and so we had to postpone the baptism. It was supposed to be for this Saturday, so Saturday in the night we visited with his family picked the perfect time and arranged the day for the interview with our District Leader. Well lets just say that yesterday when I was giving the numbers to the DL he told me that we were traveling Friday night and wouldn't be back until Saturday late in the night. Then he said we need to change the baptism to Thursday. Well they wanted Saturday because his dad drives a bus and he is always traveling and this night he would be here for the baptism. Now we don't know if it will be for next week or another day this week. We have a Family Home Evening with them tonight and we will ask what they want to do. We are going to watch the Testaments. I bought The Testaments, Legacy and the 20 min Restoration for 6 bolivianos when I was in Cochabamba (in case you are wondering that is less than a dollar). We also talked to Teresa and she now has a date for her baptism on the 3 of September. When I call to talk to the DL on Sundays he always asks how many assistance she has for church. When I tell him 3 he asks me why we are waiting and we need to talk to her more about getting baptized earlier. I tell him that it is her decision. If she wants to wait that long she can. He gets mad at me and says we need to work on this. Well we found a family that lives at the top of my area and they seem really interested in the gospel. We made it our goal to work more with inactives in our ward. When we would talk to them they always talked of having a fear of coming back to church. We have a lot of work to do but we are so excited. We had two of the inactives come to church yesterday and we were so excited. We also made sure that the bishop saw that they were there and asked if he knew them. I think if we have the help of our members we can accomplish so much. We are both really excited for this work and think we can accomplish so much in our time together. Oh and when we travel on Friday we will travel 12 hrs in the night to Cochabamba to listen to Elder Anderson and then travel Saturday back to Potosi. I am excited to listen to Elder Anderson but I must say I am not excited for 12 hrs. I think we will all be falling asleep during the talk. Well the Lord loves us and I have seen that in this work. It looks like bear lake was fun and I am excited for next year. It is in my plans. How did Ash like the singles ward? I bet she could find a guy who is taller than her or the same height unlike someone we know. Well I hope everyone has a fun safe filled week. Love you all lots, THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!!!
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment