Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally

Well lets just say I am no longer in Bolivia. There were some problems and now I am in Peru........ha ha just kidding. No really my P-day was changed from Monday to Wed. We visited Casa Nacional de Moneda this morning. We came about 10 to email but the power went out. So now I am emailing at this time. The museum was good, I am not going to lie it was a bit boring. Oh well there goes 10 bolivianos. Lets see my comp does not know English but she wants to learn so I am teaching her. She is also teaching me Quechua. We have a lot of investigators who speak Quechua so I need to learn the basics so when she leaves I wont be in so much trouble. I know how to say yes, no, no I don't want that and Mormonpa Libronmanta which is The Book of Mormon. With time I think I can have it down pretty good. Ha Ha who am I kidding some of the words are hard to pronounce. Hermana Madrid is from Santa Cruz Bolivia, she is serving in a different ward. I haven't seen any boots that I can wear for warmth. The food is the same a lot more arroz con queso which is definitely not my favorite. They have this really gross cheese they put in it. They also drink a lot of tea and ecco that they give after every mea. Don't worry it is not black tea which is against the word of wisdom. I don't have pics of where I live yet but by next week I should have some. We are also looking for a different place because our house is not in our area, our area is up higher on the mountain. The showers here are on the border of warm and cold. My white cloths have never been washed in warm water since I left the MTC, I just thought that I could have probably used shower water but I never did. There aren't many dogs here as there were in my last area. The dogs here are gross I don't know how people can pet them. Zone conference, I don't know what you consider a zone conference but after district meeting every week we have a get together as a zone and the Zone leaders give announcements, and letters. We will get together with Sucre on the 10 of June to say goodbye to President and Hermana Tenorio. We will travel 3 hrs to get to Sucre spend an hour there then travel 3 hrs back. President Dyer starts June 30 I believe is what Hermano Godo said. This week was good we met some people, we taught some people. There is this one girl we teach that thought I was from Argentina. I told her I wasn't, then she saw our family photo and said they are from Argentina right? I laughed and told her again I am not from Argentina. Look at that our family can pass as Latinos. Oh and everyone thinks that I am Mik, then it goes through every sister then finally me. They think that we all look very much alike. Oh another question did you ever give Tiffany my email? Just a question. I hope every one has a fantastic week. Everything is fine here I am finally getting used to the hills. For example the first couple of days were Buenas (GASP) Dias (GASP) somos (GASP) then after a week it was Buenas Dias (GASP) now is is Buenos Dias somos misioneras de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias (GASP) I would say that I am improving right. I am staying warm at night, and I am getting along with my comp. She is so short! I am a head taller than her, it makes me laugh. Well I cant think of anything else.....oh I am starting an English class here next week and I also teach Gospel Principals every week. If you have any ideas for both these classes please share. I said the prayer in Sacrament because only 10 people were there and half were our investigator's. Finally after the sacrament people showed up. Ok that is really all I can think of. I love you all lots


Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment