Thursday, May 5, 2011

Buenas Tardes

Hello to everyone,

Well lets see what can I tell you. Oh first about mothers day it
isn't very good news. We talked to our Zone Leaders and they said they
didn't think we could call Mothers Day. They said Mothers day here is
on the 27 of May which is a Friday so why wouldn't we call then. When
the Peruvians complained because their mothers day is the 4th and the
NA complained because it was Sunday. Elder Fernandez said well in
Argentina it is in October so if you want we can wait till October.
Then they said they would ask the President when we could call but we
have yet to hear anything and that was last week. I wish I could say
I was joking but I am not. I guess if we get to call on Sunday we
will find out tomorrow and if we get to talk I guess I will send
another email. As far as I know we don't get to skype sorry. So
everyone tells me that I need to see my mother in her wig and yet when
I ask for a photo I don't receive one. What in the world? Where is my
photo? Life here is good nothing really new and exciting. I almost
kicked a rock at a women the other day. We were seeing how far we
could kick it and the lady was on the corner and it missed her. My
pensenista will probably be moving to Sucre. She told us that we
would have to find a new one. Then the next day she told us no we
wouldn't because she is moving a few houses down and then she told us
the next day again she was moving. We really don't know what is going
on for sure we are waiting it out. Hermana Rosmery (pensenista) has
been visiting Sucre for this weekend and she just gave us the money
to buy our food. We ate at Tawain Pollo again for lunch then we found
a delicious hamburger place. It is an old couple that just has a
booth in their driveway and makes them there. It is probably the
cleanest side of the road place I have seen. This week we met more
people and started teaching an Elders family. We had Johanna come to
church this Sunday. She has a baptism date for the 20th. We were
invited to a birthday party yesterday for investigators. We stopped
by just in time to have a cup of jello, two cups of coke, and cake. I
must say I love the cake down here it is delicious. It is always
bought in the store and it is 10x better down here. Tonight we are
going to have Family Home Evening with the Bozos. They are making us
tacos tonight. They asked if we wanted pizza or tacos and I said
both. The sons agreed with me and then said that we just needed to
mix them. They are a funny family. They speak a little English.
Hermano Bozo is in the military down here and when we went to confirm
our plans with the family, Hermano Bozo made me sit down and he shined
my black shoes for me. Everyone just laughed because we said they
would get dirty in a little bit and he said he didn't care. I don't
really have a whole heck of a lot to write sorry. Next week is
transfers. We find out Sunday night if things stay or one of us goes.
I still don't have a closet, just living out of my suitcase. Life is
good, the work is coming along. My comp is really home sick. We get
along great, we have been listening to Gladys Knight "one voice" and
then I don't remember who sings it but Daughter of a King. I love
music I sure missed it. I found out this morning Ben laden (no I don't
know how to spell his name) is dead. Also that we are at war with
Lybia. Hermano Guachya who we live with yelled at me and told me.
Hermana Yardley was there but he just told me. Yep we sure know who
the favorite is.....ha ha jk. Well I love you lots have a great week
if I don't talk to you and if I do I guess I will talk to you later.

Hermana Nielsen

Second email 5 minutes later
No this isn't an email to say I was kidding about Mothers Day, it is just
to answer your question about the backpack. I use it all the time, it is always
with me. The Elders quite like it to. They always ask if they can have it. I just
 tell them in their dreams. That I think is the only question that I missed. Oh
about the food, I will remember to do that next time. I love you all, stay safe.
 Oh and can you believe I will be home in a year this month! Crazy!!!! Time
sure does fly.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment