Sunday, August 2, 2009

YES WE DID MAKE IT

Even though I am sure that all of you new when I ended my last post that you were sure we made it. Yes we did, we are cool I know, I will show you picks of what led up to the point.

Here are some pictures of me and my handsome pops. I was pointing at Mikaydee because her and my father were making fun of me at this point of the hike. All the way up there is just a drop off all along the side of the trail. Well I am terrified of heights, well the story goes that my dad was getting excited about mountain goats and was pointing at them well he slipped a little caught himself and moved on. Needless to say I almost started crying, and wasn't sure I was going to go any further, that is why they were making fun of me. How rude.

As we were nearing the top, we came across snow. That is right SNOW in AUGUST. Who would of thought so my dad went and grabbed some and threw it at Mikaydee and I.
View from the TOP

We made it up at 9. Here I am trying to call people on the phone so they can come out and so they could see us flashing the mirror. Mikaydee pointing to our house (I don't think she saw it) and my poppy with the mirror and also trying to call people.

In my dads picture you can see a box he is standing by. When you get to the top you write your name in it saying you were there so now our names are forever on top of Ben Lomond (unless they take the box down).


Pic of Mikaydee and I. There is Mikaydee pointing again to the house:). Oh and how random is that once we got to the top we had a few minutes to ourselves and then a guy from Illinois came up. I figured we might run into some other people but not a guy from Illinois. How lucky we are to have a mountain like this to climb.
In the last post I asked the question was it worth it? The answer to that a resounding YES. I wasn't going to go on this hike because like I said I am TERRIFIED of heights. In the end I went to prove to myself that I could do it. I am still terrified yes, I guess I just need to work on that a bit, but I can say yes I hiked to Ben Lomond peek. Will I do it again? I don't know, I guess I will have to see when the day comes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna,
    Found your blog off Jackie's. Looks like you've been up to some fun stuff! EFY councilor! That's awesome! I bet you were the funnest one there!

    ReplyDelete