Family,
Lets see about the Elders. We have 5 NA in the zone (including me). Here in Tupiza though we have just Elder Thorne and me. There are two in Villazon (I don't know how far away that is) and one in Uyuni (six hours away). I don't know the other Elders yet but when they come here to go to Tarija I will get to know them. The rest are all Spanish speaking. So that is 6 here in Tupiza and 3 in the other parts. A lot know the basic English like hi whats your name also other things that they yell out at me when walking down the street. Then we have the tourists, some speak English some speak German. It doesn't matter any ways they are all weird. I don't know if I said but I have started an English class here and we had a good turn out. They listen to a few English Songs but the old ones. They also have their own music that I love. One is a group from Potosi. I will be buying their CD before I come home. I don't think they grow anything in Tupiza. They all go to the campo and grow their things. The toilets are normal, well in the house it is normal. Some houses you have to go and get water from somewhere else and pour water into the toilet so it will flush. OK first off no my heart was not stolen. No he did not ask for my money he just took it. We were in the market buying things for our house. So I had about 200 bolivianos. My comp wanted me to pay for everything because she had to buy some stuff. That was fine with me because I get reimbursed for that. At first I was ticked and I prayed something would happen to that man. Then I had to repent ask for forgiveness because I forgive him. Then I also prayed he wouldn't spend it on beer but on his children. It wasn't too exciting. Well this week was good. I tried liver for the first time. Can I just say it is the nastiest thing I have ever tried in my life. I wanted to puke every time I took a bite. I also ate some other kind of meat that I don't remember what it is. My companion got her carta de trunky. Its her letter that says what day she finishes the mission and asks a whole bunch of questions about home. They say that when the missionary's receive this they get trunky. That is why it is called the carta de trunky. I got a really bad cold this week. It started off Thursday night as I went to bed my throat started hurting. Friday I woke up and my head,throat, and body were hurting and my nose was clogged. It was not fun at all. I also ended up getting a fever. Then Saturday I felt better my throat just keeps hurting. Today though my throat doesn't hurt as bad and my nose is still clogged. To top it off we are practicing for the conference this Friday. Our musical number is the EFY Medley. My comp wants to kill me because I cant sing when I am sick but she wants me to try. So if you could all pray for me for this day I would greatly appreciate it. Well life here in Tupiza is great. It is a great town even though I eat dirt every day. The people here are really great and we have met some really good investigators. We are just going to continue to work hard and find these people. Oh we got a letter from President Dyer that said we can Skype on Christmas.....and now that I got your hopes up I am going to break them. Tupiza is old school and there is no skype here. Looks like you will be calling like normal. Well who knows a lot can change in a month. I guess we will see. They also don't have ATMs here. Well they have them but you have to have a certain card and be a member of the bank here to withdraw money. My comp is doing good, she thinks of home a lot. She is a sweet heart though cares about everyone. Well that was my week. Have a fantastic week and I will write to you next week. Oh and my comp and I have plans to visit a museum that has things about Butch Cassidy. Well love you all lots. Remember to go to Church this Sunday and attend the Temple because both places are fantastic.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment