Friday, November 26, 2010

Hello mi familia,

Just to give you the information again. I am obviously not in Peru. They called all the missionaries that were going to Bolivia into the travel office and told us that only a selected few that were going to stay for 3 weeks from Peru since there wasnt enough room. They said Visas were not the problem and that we will leave the 13th or 14th of December. The other Hermanas that we shared a room with went to the Peru MTC. It was sad to see them go I am going to especially miss Hermana Flores she was the best. Hermana Morlock and I got a new companion. Hermana Williams and her companion are going to Peru. They were both scheduled to go the the Peru MTC her companion received her Visa and she did not. Once her Visa comes in she will head out to the Peru MTC. Unfortunately for her she is stuck with us :). It is a big adjustment having another companion. Especially teaching lessons and making sure she has a chance to speak.
They canceled classes on Tuesday because of the BIG SNOWSTORM. They wanted the teachers to get home safe. You wont believe how much it didnt snow. During the Fireside they told us it started snowing at 6:45 and told all the missionaries we werent aloud to touch it. We walk out of the Fireside and hour later and there is no snow falling or on the ground. All it was was a little snow on the ground in places and ice. It did bring the cold though. It is now freezing, I am glad it doesnt get this cold in Bolivia.
Thanksgiving was AMAZING. We started the morning with a Thanksgiving Devotional. Elder Holland came and spoke to us. He brought his family and his grandchildren sang for us. It was so cute and made me miss my nephews and niece through the whole song. Elder Holland told us though that he brought his family with him so they could fill in for our families on Thanksgiving day. It was like I said amazing. We had Thanksgiving dinner at 11 then had Humanitarian service project the rest of the day.
This has been a fun week. We discovered the Narnia holes in our room finally and plan to leave things behind when we leave. We watched a water bottle vend and turn to ice when it hit the bottom of the machine (we tried it 3 times). Just having fun learning lots, teaching lessons, learning Spanish. We had to teach the Plan of Salvation to someone who was Buddhist. The volunteer read the wrong sheet, she was supposed to be a college student. We adjusted and if I do say so myself taught a good lesson. How is mom tell her I tried to call when she was home. How was I supposed to know she had a meeting? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Hadlee and Kambri. I hope it was a good birthday Hadlee and JD got you what you wanted. I hope Kambri had a good 1st and ate lots of sugar.
I dont need anything for Christmas though if you could send me some more no show socks. I already have holes in some :(. I did have something else I was going to ask but I forgot. I wont send you pictures until I get family pictures bwahahahahahahahaha. It doesnt have to be new ones. I just want to show off my ridiculously good looking family.
I cant think of anything else so.......
Love you lots,
Hermana Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment