Friday, November 19, 2010

Who knows

First off mom you are in my prayers, I wish you would have told me. I really don't know what else to say. I knew something was wrong before I left and I even prayed about weather I should really come or stay home because I knew something was wrong and if it was the best place for me to be. The answer I received though is that I did indeed need to be here and I felt comfort that everything would be ok at home. I know that the Lord is on our side on this and everything will be ok.

This has been a very good and interesting week to say the least. On Tuesday we were practicing door approaches in our class with 3 other people and we had to do a door approach with Hermano Black. We did fine on the first bit but then we go to Hermano Blacks door he opens it and starts speaking Spanish very fast. Needless to say we had no idea what he said and the next thing we know the door gets shut on our face. I just started laughing, Hermana Morlock was upset. On Wednesday as a District we went to the TRC where you teach people who volunteer to be investigators. We were instructed that we were supposed to teach them about the Restoration and that we were supposed to teach in English but use the Spanish we knew. Well when we got there we were found out there were only 3 volunteers that day. There are 6 companionship's in our district so 3 went in and another 3 stayed and waited their turn to teach. Well lets just say Hermano Black (our teacher) came and told Hermana Morlock and I that the woman we would be teaching was from Peru and didn't speak any English. We only brought our English BOM and Preach My Gospel (for that is what we were told would be needed). I was filled with dread, we get in there and started the lesson. I was able to say a few things, then I bore my testimony twice and said the first vision which I had memorized. I think that the Sister from Peru helped us out a bit, she was telling us to say. I could understand bits and pieces of what she said. All I can say is boy oh boy do I have a lot of studying to do. Life here is good but one thing Peru is no longer a for sure thing yet. They let us know that on about Tuesday. Bummer,
I will find out today though if I will be going or not. My guess is that I will be staying knowing my luck. I will write you and send out a letter today if the case is I stay. Life here has been good, the church is true. You are all always in my prayers, and Uncle Dave I will be on the look out for that missionary.
Love you all lots
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment