Family,
I have not traveled to Sucre yet. It is this week tomorrow we will be traveling. I will be there until Wed night, Tuesday is interviews and wed will be a conference with the Zone Leaders, District Leaders and Trainers. I will be the only Hermana during this training and you know what that stinks. Why you might ask? Well I will tell you why. Being the only Hermana means that if I don't respond to questions I will end up getting called on. Also I will for sure be practicing. Man I don't like being the only Hermana, oh well what can I do. My comp and I get along great, she reminds me of Mik. It gets to the time when I want to sleep and all she does is talk and talk and talk. I think I have fallen asleep on her a few times. She actually is not feeling better. We were in the house Friday, a part of Saturday and after church Sunday. I am happy I have been healthy too but it stinks big time when your companion is sick and that you can't do anything to help her or go out and work by yourself. This week was really good. We have met some really great people. First off we have Josefina Oquendo. We were knocking on doors and we were at the house across the street and I saw her washing her clothes on her patio (her patio is really high up and above the door so we could see in). She kept on looking at us and I told my companion that after this door we are going to do some service and wash clothes. We finally made it across the street and when they opened the door she said she was busy but her neighbor would love to talk to us. I told her well we would really love to help you wash your clothes and that we would love to talk to your neighbor and you. She paused a min to think about that. Finally she said yea you can pass. We started for her clothes to help but she told us no she would wash and just listen to us talk. We got to know her and taught her about prayer and then she asked what book I had and then we talked about the Book of Mormon. She asked how much it was and we told her it didn't cost anything. She then asked if she had to be baptized to read the book. We told her no she could have the book as long as she would read it. She then said I would really like to read it, then she told us that the JWs would come to her house and talk to her but she couldn't read the book of the JWs without being baptized and buying it or she would go crazy. We then set up an appointment for later last week. We met her and talked some more, we had plans to teach the restoration but before we asked if she read the BOM and she said yes. We asked if she had questions and she said yes about Baptism. She read Moroni 8 about baptisms for children. We ended up talking a little bit about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked some more and her questions were interesting and then we found out that she has a tumor. She is 25 years old and has a little baby. We also talked to her husband. Since we will not be in Potosi or working much this week we might have an appointment with her and her husband Friday but we will see. We will be in Sucre on Tue and Wed. After we will be in Bertanzas on Friday for an invasion to help the Elders there find new people. Bertanzas is an hour away from Potosi. Then elections is this weekend, they vote on Sunday but cant do anything Sat or Sun. They cant go out and buy things or sell things these two days. Then we wont have church on Sunday because they cancel everything. I haven't heard if we will be out preaching but I don't think so. Well I love you all lots. Have a great week
The church is true, Read the Book of Mormon it is a good book.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment