Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm going, I'm going I'm gooooooooooooone!!!!!!

Well I will start out with my week to tell you how it went and then I will tell you about transfers. OK, really I will start with the questions. I have not seen baseball in Bolivia or seen them play. I do not take deworming pills. When I leave they will give me a list of pills to take to clean out my system. Monday we went and cooked lunch in Elder Gonzales and Elder Lopez house because they left this week. Half of the Zone came. We ate french fries, hot dogs and fried bananas. It was really good, I enjoyed it. Then we played games, then the night came and the whole Zone came to have a family home evening. Tuesday was the last District meeting before transfers. We had refreshments like true Mormons. Wed nothing special happened. Then Thursday came and my comp got sick again. We were in the house but then I told her we had an appointment with Patricia and that we needed to see her. We went there and we had an awesome lesson and finally Pati said I want to be baptized, I know it is true. I almost started crying I was so happy. I have been with Pati since I have been here. She has a date for this Sat. Friday my comp was sick again. We were in the house all day like Thursday. I told her I was going to call the Elders so I did. We got permission to go get an ultrasound. Saturday She has a stone in her gallbladder. She will probably be going to Cochabamba to have it removed. I spent the day talking and translating over the phone to Hermana Dyer so she could understand what was going on with my comp and also another Hermana in the area. Sunday we went to church and found out that we are changing chapels and that we will now start at 2:30-5. Yep everyone is going nuts with this change. My comp still felt sick so we went to eat first and then returned to our house. The Hna who cooked for us is from Peru and she cooked a Peruvian dish. It had fish in it. I just smiled and said as sweet as I could that we couldn't eat fish. Boy am I greatful for this rule in the mission. It was only the first dish so I finished my second dish just fine. We went to send off the Elders who finished their mission with the Zone. Then we went to eat at our Pensenistas house and returned home. There we waited for the dreaded call for transfers. The call came at 9:15. My Zone Leader told me to sit down. I thought he was going to tell me that my comp had a transfer since she has to go to Cochabama to talk to a doctor there. No turns out that I am going to TUPIZA!!!!!!! I am opening a new area with Hermana Arone. I talked a little with Hermana Arone in Cochabamba and she seems cool. It is the first time in the history of the mission (I believe) that they are sending Hermanas to Tupiza. What has me scared out of my mind is that they have the road that is called el calle de arrepentimiento which translates into the road of repentance that you have to go on to go to Tupiza. You all know I have a problem with heights and you have seen me on the road to Ben Lomond peak. I am going to die. I will leave tomorrow morning or tomorrow night depending on what the miners are doing. They are on strike right now and are blocking people who want to come into Potosi. I cant tell you how sad I am to be leaving Potosi. I am going to miss so much the people here. I think I might just start crying now. Oh well the Lord knows he needs me in Tupiza and there are people there who need me. Well keep me in your prayers please. I love you all, have a good week and remember that the Church is True and the Book of Mormon is blue and true. Hey if you haven't already you should read the October Ensign it is really good.
Your favorite missionary who is going to die on this road.
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment