Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WHATS NEW?

Lets see what is new with me you ask? Well I shall tell ya. I started SCHOOL! Yep I am at good ol' Weber State (great great great). I will be going to go into Finance but I am just getting my generals done for right now but do you want to know a SECRET? The SECRET is (gulp) I am quite enjoying school and I have kinda missed it. There I said it but don't tell anyone they might think I am weird. Ask me in a few weeks though and that might change.
There has to be something else though that is new with me though right? RIGHT! Let me show you a couple of pictures to show you what is new with me.

Yep

Oh joy
This is what is new. I broke my wrist! Let me tell you a story shall I. It all started on Jan 1st. I got a text message from a boy named Jake that was telling me what we were going to do on our date for that night. It said we were going to get some grub and then go for some hard core tubing. I saw that text rolled my eyes and thought to myself I do not like tubing I always get hurt. Before he (Jake) came to pick me up Chance and Karissa came by and I was joking how I was going to purposely break my leg so I could get an excellent handicap parking space for school. Jake came and got me and before we left my dad told him to bring me back in one piece (no wonder I got hurt I was jinxing myself all day). We went and ate then headed up to Lomond View park. We got up there and a girl suggested we go down the hill in a chain. Everyone was lining up grabbing each others tubes/sleds and I was looking at my options. I picked what seemed to be the safe route, straight down NO jumps. Well needless to say it didn't work out that way. Once we started going down the tubes drifted to the left where the jumps were. I go off the first jump and it was fine I thought to myself so far so good as long as I don't turn backwards I will be fine. Thought to soon, my tube turned around and I was going down the hill backwards headed for the next jump. Went off that jump and everyone fell off. I sat up and my wrist was hurting. I thought I just hit it wrong and I would be fine in a couple of minutes so I headed back up the hill and sat for a minute. After a couple of min I tried to look at my wrist but my coat wouldn't go up and that is when the real pain started and I felt a few tear drops coming. I still sat there for a couple of minutes finally turned to Jake (who was sitting by me and not tubing) and said I think he should probably take me home. I got home and the tears really started coming as I told my parents "I hurt my wrist" my poppy jumped up and away to the emergency room we went. This is what my wrist looked like,

To make a long story short they knocked me out and popped my wrist back into place. They weren't sure if I needed surgery but everything looked good so I am now in a cast up to my shoulder. Good news though next week they are going to take this one off and put me in a cast that is up to my elbow. I will tell you this I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER forget what a blessing it is to have two arms that work. I have had to rely on my family to help me with a lot of things I cant do anymore like wash my hair/do my hair, button pants, pulling on a sleeve so I can take my shirt off the list goes on and on. There are some benefits though for example great conversation starter all the cute boys want to know what happened (though there are some not cute ones), people hold doors open for you and one of my all time favorites I can flex all the time now and people can see how big my muscles are!


Jealous I know

2 comments:

  1. Oh miss Jenna! I love ya!!! I'm so sorry you broke your wrist, but I tell ya what--those are some very sweet pictures (your ones of you posing and everything with your cast and the one of your wrist...but you know me, I like that kind of stuff.) Feel better very soon and take advantage of those thing with the cute guys while you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man oh man, broken bones are NO BUENO! please dont fall on any ice and break your other arm... knock on wood.. the guy ive been dating broke his ankle and fibula (i think) in october and even though a broken wrist must be awful, be thankful you dont have to crutch around in this wretched snow... hes fallen at weber state games (yes, more than once) on those loud clanky stairs and tripped on ice in parking lots and even in his own house. watching it happen is a mix between frightening and hilarious. whoa- anyway- sorry your arm is broken. and dont worry, you dont need a cast to get attention from cute boys, youre so cute jenna. you always have been. jealous. :) be careful now!

    ReplyDelete