Sunday, July 26, 2009
Come What May and Love It?
The talk given by Elder Joseph B Wirthlin "Come What May and Love It" given in the October 2008 conference has been on my mind the past week. Maybe it is because at work we are going through lay offs and just other things that have been on my mind. When this talk first popped into my mind, I was sitting at work watching someone pack up there things and head out the door. After that thought popped into my head I thought again ah crap what kind of thing is heading my way that I need to think of this talk. In the talk he gives out pointers of how to take life not so serious and just keep a positive out look on life, and keep other perspectives. He gives four things to look at the first one is to Learn to Laugh, the next he says Seek for Eternal, The next is The Principal of Compensation, The last but certainly not the least is Trust in the Father and the Son. All I can say is the Learn to Laugh principal headed my way today on the nice sunny Sunday morning. It started out fine, I went to a breakfast and a morning devotional at my Bishops house. When I came home I started making cookies for a girl who I visit teach since it was her birthday. I got ready for church and headed out the door to pick up my friend Jayci. As I was walking to my car I saw that my dad had parked behind me. Well I was worried that my car was a disaster so I got a bag and started putting all of my garbage in it. When that was done I threw away the sack hopped in my car and backed up. Yep you heard me BACKED UP!!!! Next thing a feel is a bump, the thought that ran through my head was I CANT BELIEVE I RAN INTO A PARKED CAR! Yep it was right behind me and I saw it before I even got in my car. Mind you no damage was done to my parents car. It only put two little silver spots in my car, where the screws of where the license plate was. My dad laughed at me and I was mad at first but then I realized there is no point of getting mad over something like this as long as no damage was done. All I could do was laugh, and realize how dumb running into a parked car was. I am sure I can apply all of Elder Wirthlins points to my car "accident" but I am sure I would bore you. Maybe for right now at this moment I am only supposed to learn to laugh and later on some way I will learn to apply these different principals in my trials. If that is the case pray for me :). I am going to say this though, this is my FAVORITE talk ever and a lot can be learned from it. If you have not read it read it right now this very second......are you reading it yet.....just READ IT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a good outlook. I'll have to read that talk, I don't think I have. Oh and been there done that. Remeber when I backed my truck into the camry? Is that the car you hit. You should post a picture of the scratches on your car.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! I can't believe you hit their car! LOL! No, but that actually really sucks. I think I'm the only child in our family who hasn't hit the house or someone else's car! I guess I'm just the best driver (j/k)! I did hit the garbage can one time and it took out my side mirror, but I don't think that counts!!
ReplyDelete