Monday, January 17, 2011

Hola

Wow lots and lots of questions good thing that I am wrote them down or
else I would forget. First off Mom I love you and I pray for you
always. Well I pray for everyone else too if it makes everyone else
feel better.
1- Mailing address, they don't have addresses here. They don't even
know the street name. You know where someone lives by who or what
they live by and the color of house or door. I would send anything to
the mission home address because I don't even have an address to my
house. Its probably the safest bet. I don't know it. It is in my
missionary booklet in the top drawer of my room.
2- Favorite food here were the emphanadas. I have only had them once
but oh my goodness they were so good. I have had a lot of Chicken and
rice. Only a few potatoes. Chicken and rice used to be my favorite
meal but now I am not so sure.
3- David Baugh Nielsen is my favorite dad
4- The toilets are the same in my apartment but I have been to many
houses where it is a whole in the ground or normal toilets. Also we
cant flush the toilet paper. It goes in the waste basket next to the
toilet
5-No cool bugs I did see a huge beetle that was flying around my room.
My companion is terrified of it. That was a funny moment. There are
lots of flys and mosquito's everywhere and I mean everywhere. All day
every day, I have about 20 mosquito bites on my leg. Yes I did use
repellent I am just slow at reapplying it.
6- There isn't a scrub board for my clothes, you just rub them together
a couple of times then ring your clothes and hope everything comes
out.
7- They have Internet shops everywhere down here there is one 5 min
from my apartment but because we have to email as a zone we travel 30
min away on a truffy. You can fit a lot of people in a truffy. It is
like a mini van. I guess I can answer the other question. My
companion and I walk everywhere. The only time we take a taxi, truffy
or bus is when we have to travel further.
8- Ok funny thing about Butch Cassidy I was going to write about him.
I was going to tell Uncle Dave that where he was killed is in the
Cochabamba mission. I might be able to go there. I will take a
picture if I do and send it. I bet it looks close to the same.
9- Dogs are everywhere! I mean EVERYWHERE. We were told to stay away
from the dogs don't even touch them even if it is a members dog. If
we get bit which has been known to happen (only to elders). We have
to find the owner which let me tell you would be impossible, to make
sure it had it rabies shot. If not you get 10 shots around you belly
button for rabies. Dogs always follow my companion and me around.All I can say is now I am a little frightened of dogs I don't know what
I will do when I come home.
10- We don't have a cell phone. We have a phone in our apartment but
it only takes in coming calls. We cant make calls going out. Weird I
know, there are little stores around every block that you just ask to
use the phone. It cost about 1-5 bolivianos depending on how much
time it takes.
Just to let you know I get $80 a month which comes to $550 Bolivianos.
I remembered the other questions first what would I recommend. That is
something I am not sure about. I think of different things I need
each day that I wish I would have brought. Then it must not be to
important because I can never remember them. Oh I remembered one shoe
polish. Then again I am going to see if I can buy some here which I
believe that I can so no worries. Also lets just say it is 75 degrees
outside by 8:00 in the morning and it gets hotter as the days go by.
I am sweating up a storm. I don't now if my white shirts will make it
18 months without getting gross stains on them. It is the rainy
season apparently. By 3 you see clouds and all you do is pray that
they move faster. Then it sprinkles a little and the clouds stay.
Boy I love those clouds. One time though we were caught in a storm
and Mom can I just say you are the best Mom in the world. That little
rain coat you got me is always in my backpack since it is so small and
just in case. I pulled that thing and just smiled and thought how
wonderful you are. Also how you bought me that toe juice for my feet.
I already have a blister from my shoe strap. I thought of the Toe
Juice applied it to the red cracked areas. It burned like no other.
My feet feel great though. It helped a lot. You have me prepared.
My companion told me when I pulled out my rain coat how prepared I was
and I said no my mother is prepared.
Lets see nothing to exciting this week. It seems like every
appointment that we had fell through and the back up plans fell
through. All doors we knocked on didn't have time but all is well.
Life is great the Church is True the Lord loves us and is mindful of
us. We just have to keep searching for those people who want to hear
the gospel and who the Lord has prepared for us. I love you all lots
I also hope you all have an excellent week. MOM take it easy OK!
Hermana Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment