Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hola

Hola mi familia,


Life is great and the Church is TRUE!!! Yes that is for sure. I received the package you sent. It came to me yesterday, thank you so much. One Elder in the new district that came in on Wed said I bet it is socks and I said I bet it is to since I asked for them. He gave me a funny look and said why would you ask for socks. He is also from England so it is funny to hear his accent while he speaks Spanish. Everyone has loved the cookies me especially. I printed off pictures so you will get some within the next couple of days. There is an Elder here that I think looks just like Mckord I see him every where. We are now teaching our lessons in Spanish well Spanglish. The people we teach though just speak Spanish. I just give them a confused look most of the time and ask them to repeat everything they say. If I can catch a couple of words from what they are saying I can get the jist of what they are saying. We taught the Peruvian Sister again in the TRC and again all she did was taught us. I think our teacher was frustrated that she did that. Oh well I think I benefited from it. She would say things to us and then have us repeat it back until we pronounced it right. It is fun and all is good. I still need to work hard on Spanish. Lets see what else happened this week....oh yea. Did I ever tell you that both my companions have boys waiting for them. Well they do and lets just say one found out this week that her boyfriend isnt waiting any longer. It has just been crying all week. Ah it is a mess. I dont think there has been a day that Hermana Williams has not cried. When Hermana Williams cries Hermana Morlock cries because she said it just hits to close to home since someone is waiting for her. It is hard I guess I wouldnt know since I dont have anyone waiting for me. It makes me wonder how the Elders take it when they receive a "Dear John". Oh well I will try and keep distracting her I guess. We went to the temple today to do a session. It was very good, we leave the MTC at 6:15 so we can walk and be on time to our session at 7. We go and do service in the laundry room after the sessions then eat in the cafeteria. The women in charge in the laundry room is from Mexico and always talks to us in Spanish. I think this was the first time that I actually understood her. Nothing else has really happened this week just the same ol' same ol'. Nothing changes to much. Oh about Peru we havent heard anything yet. Someone told us that the people leaving on the 14th have their Visas so I guess we will see if we go. No news is good news in the MTC, so until I hear something then I will be leaving on Tuesday and I will probably call you from the airport if anything. If I dont leave then you might just hear from me again here or my next email. That means when Hermana Morlock and I leave, Hermana Williams will be a solo sister until she gets her Visa lucky her. I dont know how she is going to do with that. Oh well life is good. Love you all very much

Hermana Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment